Sunday 25 January 2015

Time seems to have this habit of getting away with me ... meant to update Bianca's blog but each day started and ended before getting to it.

So, thus far, Bianca has sent one email and one hand written letter. She seems to be enjoying things and very happy.

Below is an excerpt from her email:

"I’m so greatful I’m able to email you this morning. I’ve been soooo busy! Learning a lot every day. To easy your worries mum, I am getting fed, A LOT! They feed us so well here at the MTC. Every morning there is a cooked breakfast as well as fruit, cereals and toast. For lunch we’ve had fish, hamburgers, macaroni all with the choice of many different salads. For dinners we’ve had things like roast, stir fry, sausages and mash. Again, all with salad and other things to add to your plate. I make sure to get my serving don’t worry. My companion and I get on really well. The first night we talked for an hour while watching the sunset which I think broke the ice. We are always laughing and we are learning a lot from each other. In our room it’s just us, usually there are four sisters. But I’m so glad it’s just us because it means we have our own space and we aren’t on top of each other. All the missionaries are so lovely here! I’ve become really close with two sisters in particular, Sister Wong and Sister Anderson. We are in the same district and we’re always laughing and joking."

and some more ...

"To be honest, when I first got there I was feeling good, a little nervous but good. Day two though, by the end of the night I was feeling so overwhelmed. There’s so much to learn, I miss my family – all those kinds of things. But I said a fat, long prayer to Heavenly Father, asking him to help me not feel overwhelmed and that I can understand what I’m being taught. It worked! I have not felt like that since day two. So, don’t worry about me – I’m honestly doing fine.
We had a room inspection the other day, my companion and I got 20/20. Perfect score, Dad you would be proud to see how I keep my room. Absolutely spotless. I think your cleaning has rubbed off on me, I find myself washing out the hand basin and tidying everything all the time haha. I did my washing on Saturday. It’s great because the clothes I’ve been wearing so far don’t need to be ironed so it saves me time.
I want to share something I learnt from President Tarawhiti – I think you’ll like this dad. He told us personal preparation precedes priesthood power (or PPPPP).
Like I said I’m learning a lot.We have to do a lot of roleplays which at first made me so nervous. But know I look forward to them as I learn something new each time and am able to better myself."

We have not  heard from her this week but it could be because they have changed the Pday from Monday to Tuesday due to Auckland and Australia day??? Will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment